Monday, December 8, 2008

The Dog ate my homework

Lucas is in third grade and has a new list of spelling words that he brings home every Friday. We were good the first few weeks and made sure to help him practice. However, after several weeks of 100's we lazily slipped into merely posting the list on the fridge. This past Friday, I got even lazier and had Lucas post the list on the fridge. He didn't put it where I usually do - near the door handle - but much lower and more in the middle. I didn't see any problem with this and left it there (more laziness really). We went to a charming birthday party on Sun for about 3 hours. While we were gone, the dog decided to show her displeasure at to how much we were gone that day (church etc) and decided that Lucas' spelling words deserved to be reduced to shreds. Maybe Molly has a thing for spelling in general, because she used to steal the magnet letters off the fridge and eat those too. I told Lucas to be sure to tell his teach that his dog truly ate his homework and he needed another copy of the list (which we are sure to be too lazy to help him study anyway - maybe the dog will help!)

6 comments:

karen said...

Marvelous! +1 WMP for living a classic.

Anonymous said...

another recommended point for not noticing that lucas put it low enuf for the dog (and it would even be greater yet had he put a lower than 100 score up there at that level so the dog would eat it and the grade wouldn't get noticed ;)

Anonymous said...

another recommended point for not noticing that lucas put it low enuf for the dog (and it would even be greater yet had he put a lower than 100 score up there at that level so the dog would eat it and the grade wouldn't get noticed ;)

Missy said...

That makes me think of the time, I swear it is true, that one of my 7th grade teachers had to give me an A on a test because her dog ate my test paper! LOL! How often does it happen the other way around?!

LMP said...

I think your dog is trying to tell you that she knows full well what W-A-L-K spells. Stop messing around and go get the leash already!

Fraukow said...

Okay! I'll take her for a W-A-L-K!