Monday, February 18, 2008

And your punishment shall be...

sharing!

CleverMonkey walked past me this morning on his way upstairs carrying a large step stool.
"Don't look!" he said. I obliged.

Twenty minutes later he's discovered dosing himself with Tylenol from the bottle. Poison Control called, stern lectures, etc.. he's fine. But now, to a consequence that will be really, truly, painful....

Ten minutes later, all of his Thomas trains are now spread all over the living room where his *gasp* little brother can play with them. Yes, son, that's right. Your consequence for lying to your parents and going into the medicine cupboard shall be to share your favourite toy with your brother, until I feel you're done.

Later I think - hmmm... maybe not the best way to encourage sharing....

7 comments:

Lady Epiphany said...

Oh my. Alright. One point for OMG! not looking when he said "don't look", and another for sharing the trains with little brother.

LMP said...

I concur. I would interpret the phrase "don't look!" as "Panic Now". It seems likely the the taste of Tylenol alone would be a pretty good punishment...

Kristi said...

HILARIOUS! I'm sure that I will be trying that sometime...

Chaotic Joy said...

I agree that not looking when your child says "Don't look" is very point worthy. Was it children's Tylenol, because my kids beg me for that stuff?

Ashley said...

Mine do too...they think it is candy and beg for it.

Round the Bend said...

Yes - Children's Tylenol...

Everyone else has been sick - maybe he was feeling left out?

And, silly me, he usually says "Don't look" when he wants me to not look so he can surprise me with something (like getting his own socks on or tidying up his room)so - while I thought "Why does he need that stool upstairs?" I didn't really think much about it...

Next time, I'll be smarter...

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall that I was all about going for the Correctol when I was a kid, cause it was PINK!