Friday, September 14, 2007

Just a bonus

Ben and Clara are 2 years apart. Now that Clara has passed the one-year mark, they are actually starting to play together, which always makes Shane and I all warm and fuzzy to see. Tonight we were watching them both playing with a drum. Ben rat-a-tat-tat-ing and then saying,

"Your turn Cwara"

Clara takes a turn. Bam-Bam-Bam, (She's a brute that one) squeals and waits for Ben. It was adorable.

After a few rounds of this I said "I am so glad they are finally playing together now. She's really helping me keep Ben occupied"

To which Shane responds, "Me too, since that's why we had her."

"Oh yeah." I say through my giggles. "And in case Ben needs a kidney or something."

Shane, laughing then at his own crassness, retorted "Yep. The whole love thing? Just a bonus."

No comments: