Thursday, August 9, 2007

Denied

My Breast Cancer 3-Day team has a Company Store. Lots of us contribute goodies to it and our co-workers willingly dole out dollars for the stuff, which we've been sticking in a group savings account for our fundraising. Last night I was making chocolate chip cookies and congo bars (like blondies but better, really much better) for The Store. As I was easing the first batch from the cookie sheets to the cooling racks Kate sidled up next to my leg and gazed at the counter.

"What cha makin'?" She sweetly asked. "Cookies." I responded, focused on my task at hand. She took a dramatic whiff of the fresh treats in and said "Are they for me?" "Nope." I said. She stood there for a minute while I ignored her, then retreated to the living room.

4 comments:

FlapScrap said...

You are truly a rotten mom. You're supposed to say, "yeeeah-up, upp, upp!! Get outta there!" and hit her hand with a spoon. This develops the child's cognitive skills and hunter/gatherer prowess by making it clear she should find a way to steal one.

Lady Epiphany said...

Not denied. You get a WMP anyway...

karen said...

My kids have long since figured out the stealing bit. Next time you bake, check for Lars under your table (he'll be the one with the black eye). Betcha didn't know he's been sneaking off with your cookies! Clearly, I don't bake often enough.

Anonymous said...

you didn't even give her a beater? cruel, cruel mama..WME point and an extra because i'm hormonal!