Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I just don't wanna hear it

They were playing a spoof on the radio today about Nicole Richie. Without missing a beat, Lauren asked, "Will you love me when I'm big and fat and weigh 40 pounds?"

Oh, for the love of...

Those of you who know me know I struggle with my weight. At the opposite end of the spectrum, my sister is in her third go-round of in-patient rehabilitation for her eating disorder.

"I will love you no matter what." I reply. "But you need to know that was not a funny thing to say..."

"When my friend was here, do you know what we played?"

Through gritted teeth, I say, "No."

"We played that our moms were dead."

I sigh, "I would be very sad if my mom was dead."

"Mom, it was just a game."

I cough, not able to even manage a hollow laugh.

2 comments:

The Plaid Sheep said...

Hmmm, maybe Lauren gets some Worst Child Ever points for that one. Though I admit to a bit of envy at having nothing at all to really worry about.

sister k said...

at that age kids don't understand the perm of passing so much...if she still keeps playing that and starts wearing black, i'd really worry. but i understand your icky feeling about that one! don't think it earns you WMPs though. maybe 1 FSFM pt. (feel sorry for mama)