Wednesday, October 31, 2007

5:22pm

Ross is setting the table, under duress - it's his brother's chore. Lars is writing lines like a madman or, at least, when he he can. He has so far been daunted by a broken pencil, a lost eraser, a banged knee and - Chris' favorite - itchy eyes. He's up to 62 "I must not carve on furniture" lines out of a prescribed 100, which was negotiated down to 90 while we were cuddling on the gurney when his stitches were put in. Do I lose a point for writing off 10% of a punishment to a kid who's given himself investigatory surgery with an iron radiator?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he still on the carving of your new table? Dang! You do realize, of course, that you've gone WAY beyond becoming ME, in enforcing "writing lines," you've become my Franciscan nun teachers!

Lady Epiphany said...

I don't think you lose a point for that. I probably would've gone to 50 with those sad eyes with the giant gash in his head...