Friday, November 9, 2007

First Post

Although I could probably post daily my failings as a mother, this is the first time I'm posting here.
My son Lucas, age 7, is usually our neon lighted example of parenting skills being below average.
Example #1
My husband arrived home late from work. They boys were are ready in the shower.(successfully sharing it that particular day). I said "They don't know you're home; stick your head in and scare them. Hee Hee!" He grinned and stuck his head in and said "Boogedie Boogedie!" There were shrieks, one "Dad!" and then a "Jesus Christ! I'm gonna need therapy!"(Lucas) then a confused "What does that mean?"(Andrew)
Several moments of eyeblinking later - did Lucas just say what I think he said? Another head popped in, "Did you just say.....?" A head popped out, sly grin, and a nod. Dicussion of inappropiate use of the Lord's name and "where did you learn that phrase?" enshewed.
Where did he hear that one?

8 comments:

Lady Epiphany said...

Awesome. Glad you joined us, Frauke!

Chaotic Joy said...

Really? He said that? And he's 7? Heh. Heh. At least it was in the shower and not in public. Welcome Fraukow, seems you belong here.

Sarah said...

That is hilarious. Not sure which part is funnier...using the Lord's name or "I'm gonna need therapy". I'm still giggling.

Anonymous said...

Where did he hear the JC in vain, or the part about the therapy? Obviously you definitely qualify for WM if your 7 year old already needs therapy. Congratulations!

emmay said...

Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Instead of a college fund, perhaps you need to consider a therapy fund? LOL, too funny!

karen said...

Ha! I don't know how you managed not to fall apart laughing!

+ 1 WMP for sending Daddy in to scare the kids in the shower.

Fraukow said...

I Love the "Therapy Fund"! I am making a jar right now! And I not only laughed then, but have continued to laugh as well as share with everyone! Boy, have I gotten some great stories in return!