Friday, November 2, 2007

Gravel head

I'm trying really hard to write a witty story about my daughter's recent playground accident. However, the fact that we have kept a 20 month old and a three year old, who usually go to bed at 7:30, out until at least 9 p.m. every night for the past three nights, has left me with two very tired children who have participated in a tag team marathon temper tantrum for a large portion of the last 48 hours. The incessant screaming and attempted negotiating has left me completely exhausted and unable to form a coherent thought, so I will keep this simple. I met some other moms at he playground the other day. The girls were let loose and I proceeded to chat it up with other moms (I was one of only two moms there with two mobile children...I realized I couldn't really keep constant track of both at all times, so I gave up completely.) I let me children play coatless when the other children had winter coats, or at least fleece, keeping them warm. They didn't want their coats..who am I to question them? Helen nearly made it to the neighborhood behind the park before I realized she was running away. And finally, poor Ruthie, unsupervised by her chatty mother, attempted a piece of climbing equipment which, had I been watching, I would have know she could not maneuver without assistance. She fell...head first...from about four feet up...into the gravel. I had to pick a lot of stones out of her poor little forehead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday all the descendants of the WME bloggers will have to start a IYSMESISYM blog (If you show me your scar, I'll show you mine).

Lady Epiphany said...

Woo hoo! I've managed to get my two ( a 17 1/2 month old and a 5 year old) in bed at 7:15 all this week despite Halloween, but we all agree that mean doesn't make Worst Mamas.

Coatless in winter coat weather earns a point.

Unsupervised headsplat deserves a point.

You don't earn a point for picking out the gravel, unless of course you waited until you finished your conversation to do so...

karen said...

I'll second Lady E's point assessment but think it's almost good that Ruthie took a dive. How will kids learn their limits if they're never allowed to test them? Chat on! A few scabs never hurt a girl.