Monday, November 5, 2007

Oh Crap...

I too must get on the Worst.Blogger.Ever list. I know my day is Sunday and I promise to be much more on the ball. I was also at the JL function yesterday with Paige. However, while my mother entertained my two children all day, even bringing them to the park (and paying for them the whole day) I pretended to work and drank lots o' beer. My hubby, who was also volunteering for the day kept bringing me the beer, feeding my addiction and continuing to lower my conscious thoughts...mmmmm.....(I don't even have a really good reason like Lisa)

ANYWAY, by the time I actually got home last night, after being gone the whole weekend w/o my computer (and Paige even reminding me that it was my day to post) my son Kyle got out of bed and sat down with me. Lets see here, home with the kiddos by myself (mom left when I got home) and drunk....my best thought to get Kyle back to bed was to lay down with him in my bed and put a movie on. At which point I promptly passed out. At least Kyle was in bed with me so if he did actually get up for something I would have hopefully come to and he is old enough now to let me know if Todd needs something.

SOOOOO to recap...I let my mom drive down to my house (2 hours each way), watch my kiddos for the day, bring them to the event, pay for them, let her drive back home last nightwhile I drank beer, had lots of fun and then preceeded to pass out once I got home. All the while hoping my 4 year old would be responsible enough to listen out for my 2 year old. In all this, I just ran out of time to post. However, I did get up right before midnight with a terrible headache and Kyle's feet in my face only to panic that I forgot to post on the blog.

What I was going to post yesterday was a pic of the kids at the Gator game Saturday. While most of you out there are wondering why...I will just say that my husband considers the kids dressed in Gator gear total child abuse (he went to FSU)....

3 comments:

*pal said...

I KNEW you would forget to post...I should have known you were twisted after seeing Amanda Heidt in the VIP tent after Taste. 1 WMP for relying on your 4-year-old to be responsible for your 2-year-old (although, I always perfomed flawlessly when Mama and Daddy asked the same of me! :)

Ashley said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...at least Todd stayed asleep and nothing happened to either one. Dad was home shortly. And I did have a panic moment over not posting.

Kevin said...

Man, even Paige remembered to post and she was actually working her ass off and pregnant. So much for you taking care of the kids while I was unloading YOUR Junior League event truck!