Friday, November 9, 2007

One full week

The children dined on left-over pistachio pesto chicken and pasta tonight. They seemed to like it. I told myself it was all good, the green stuff in the pesto is cilantro...that must count as a vegetable.

It was a cute night. No screaming or whining was going on and I was relaxing as the food disappeared. As I leaned against the counter, watching Sarah put her greasy little fingers in her hair repeatedly, it slowly dawned on me that it has been a full week since I bathed these girls. I looked at each girl in turn, examining their degrees of filth. They just didn't seem that dirty to me but yes...I'm pretty sure...full week, yeah. I have no idea how this happened. I don't think it's happened before. It was disturbing to realize.

Then Jeremiah got home and things happened, I don't really remember what, but the usual things. Before I knew it, it was time for Kate and Sarah to go to bed. I ushered them upstairs, did the potty, tooth-brushing and clothes-changing thing. I tucked them in. I walked out of the room. I completely forgot to bathe them. "Oh well" I sighed to myself. "Tomorrow is another day".

3 comments:

Ginger Johnson said...

Been there, done that. You're in good company. I'll give you a point though, especially since you didn't bathe them AFTER you realized it had been a full week.

But of course, I wouldn't have either. Tee hee.

Anonymous said...

I think cilantro tastes like Ivory soap. I urge all voting members to give this lady FIVE points for making her kids eat that!

Lady Epiphany said...

I concur with Ginger.